home baby our home featured advertise services

Friday, September 27, 2013

Another Successful Dinner


It might still feel like summer in Dallas, but I'm trying to trick mother nature. If I make cold weather recipes the temperatures will go down, right?! Wrong! I made Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili the other night and it's still going to be 90 today! Blah! At least it felt like fall in my kitchen! 


I adapted the recipe from here after seeing it on Pinterest. Some ingredients I omitted or substituted and I'm so glad I did because it was pretty spicy. 

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

Ingredients: 
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 16-oz can black beans
  • 1 16-oz can kidney beans ( I omitted these) 
  • 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
  • 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
  • 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies ( I used 1 can of Rotel and 1 can of diced tomatoes)
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1 tbsp cumin
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breasts ( I used tenders)
  • chili peppers, chopped  (I omitted this)
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I used dry cilantro) 
  • 1 8-oz can of water
Directions: 
    Combine everything in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with Fritos, cheese, sour cream, and avocado! 

    This recipe even got the hubby's approval so I know we will be trying it again in the future! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment