home baby our home featured advertise services

Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentines Vignette and Craft

Another holiday approaching means that it was time to create a new vignette in the hallway. It's always fun searching Pinterest for inspiration and then creating my own versions. 
Over Christmas I was inspired by letters spelling out the word Noel with the o slanted. Valentines was the perfect chance to create my own version with the word "love". Paint, and glitter blast helped create this sparkly product. Who doesn't love adding a little sparkle anyways?! (tutorial at the end)










Tutorial:
My supplies were purchased at Hobby Lobby including the wood letters, and craft paint. I found the new Glitter Blast spray paint at Michaels. It comes in several colors and I know I'll be using it again for future projects. 

First, I painted the letters, let them dry, then applied a second coat. 




Once dry, I took them outside and glitter blasted them! This was the fun part! I also allowed time to dry between coats. The glitter blast goes on pretty thick, so I let the letters dry overnight before I attempted to manipulate them. They are attached using hot glue and staples on the back. 

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!



*Linked up here:Mopping the FloorUnder the Moon, Home Sweet HomeThe Gunny Sack, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Craft O Maniac, Embellishing Life, CRAFT, Skip to My Lou, Between Naps on the Porch, The Girl Creative, Mushki Loves, Sugar Bee Crafts, UncommonMy Uncommon SliceToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, Project Queen, Boerman RamblingsSomeday Crafts, It's OverflowingSavvy Southern Style, The Sasse Life, Clean and Scentsible, Ginger Snap Crafts, Somewhat Simple, Between You and Me, Fireflies, IbratinaSaved by Suzy, House of Hepworths, Shabby Chic Cottage, KatiesNestingThe Shabby NestBeyond the Picket Fence, French Country Cottage, Passionately Perfect, Creation Corner, Momnivore, Simply Sweet, Sassy Sites, ChocolateChic on a Shoestring Decorating, Delicate, Karisma Finding Fabulous, Five Days Five WaysRemodelholic, A Blondes DIYFingerprints on the Fridge, Fun to Craft, Tatertots and Jello, GingerbreadFamily Ever After, Serenity Now, A Vision to Remember, Funky Junk Interiors,  I Heart Naptime, Nifty Thrifty Things, The DIY Showoff, Homemaker on a Dime

7 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love all of your Valentine's Day decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about your vday vignette! It is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I've been thinking that I should do some seasonal decorating on the console in my entryway to sort of change it up regularly. I like what I have, but it's always nice to keep things fresh. Great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! You're the BIG winner of the Lisa Leonard Designs gift card!!! Come on over and leave me a comment and I'll get your email address sent to Lisa Leonard so you can pick out some SUPER FUN jewelry!!!

    XO, Aimee

    http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2012/02/giveaway-winner-lisa-leonard-designs.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so, so need some of that glitter spray!! Love this!! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Mop It up Mondays!!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete