home baby our home featured advertise services

Monday, January 30, 2012

New Chairs (Well kind of)

Did everyone have a good weekend? We sure did! Baby A had breakfast with Daddy yesterday morning which means mommy got to sleep in and I was awakened with Starbucks in bed! That was just what I needed from my 2 favorite people. 
Over the weekend I was also productive and recovered my kitchen table chairs. Here's what the kitchen looked like before I started.



As you can see, the fabric was doing nothing for the space. The table, chairs, cushions, floors, and cabinets are all dark, so my goal was to lighten things up a bit. I had purchased this Dwell Studio fabric off of Fabric.com several months ago when I ordered other fabric , but had too many other projects going on to add another to my list. Alas, I can say they are done! It was very easy to do and only took about an hour for all 4. Here's the simple steps I followed:

1. Unscrew the cushion from the chair
2. Lay the cushion on the fabric upside down so the pattern is centered
3. Cut your fabric pieces
3. Recenter the cushion upside down and start stapling. 
(Make sure to pull the fabric tight so you don't have creases)
4. Screw the cushion back into place when finished
5. Scotch Guard your cushions to protect against stains

This is a quick way to change up any chair in your home that has a removable cushion. Plus, it's a fun way to add pattern to a space. You can see that my cushions are actually noticeable now instead of blending in with the table. Plus, I'm really enjoying the brightness they add. For now, they are a great fix until we eventually purchase something different.  




Last week I also created a gallery wall in the corner. Stay tuned for more on that.

So what do you think of the "kind of new" chairs? Have you recovered cushions for a quick fix?

9 comments:

  1. I like the fabric you used. I've been thinking about re-covering my dining chairs. Don't know what fabric though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so great! I love the fabric you choose; it looks great with your curtains and really lightens the space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric! And the room looks even prettier now with the added white. Very nice chair redo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The two fabrics go so well together! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric you have chosen. It looks good. What an easy chair lift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the new seats jazz up the room even though they're tucked under the table! They do seem to connect with the curtains now and both stand out.
    I have 12 chairs to do and am stuck on deciding on the right new fabric... Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new seats, they really brightened up the area and go so well with the curtains!
    I'm your newest follower!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great upgrade. Those chairs are awesome!

    Thanks so much for linking up to the challenge!
    Karah

    ReplyDelete
  9. For home decorators sublimation textile printing provides all kinds of fabric such as digital print laces, custom curtain, western ware, custom scarf, all available of the best quality fabric.

    ReplyDelete