home baby our home featured advertise services

Monday, September 12, 2011

Makeover Monday {A Well Dressed Home}

Did everyone have a great weekend? It was a big weekend for Texas football as they barely squeezed out a win against BYU. If you aren't a football or Texas fan, then please ignore my rambling because I'm one proud Texas girl that bleeds orange.

Now on to even more important things like fabulous design and another Makeover Monday. 


Please tell me that you are enjoying these stellar makeovers and if you're not, well...just lie to me then. I know today will be pleasing to the eye because Emily from A Well Dressed Home has graciously agreed to share part of her drool worthy home with us even though she's super busy and headed out of town to a far away island. I have to say I'm totally kind of jealous right now.

Emily has an eye for design and you will totally see why I had to have her join the series. Her Dallas home is a stunning mix of her chic, girly glam and her husband's rustic, southwestern taste. Plus, they have s super cute love story to match it! Be sure to pay her a visit.


I am so excited to be a part of Megan's Monday Makeover series today!
First, I will give you a little background on the house and how we got to this point...... About 6 years ago, I was asked, by an acquaintance, to assist him in making interior selections for his soon to be bachelor pad. Over the next several months I helped him select tile, cabinets, counter tops and paint for his charming 1940's tear-down. His style was rustic and unrefined...and the house was later furnished with over stuffed leather sofas, cow hide rugs and animal heads on the walls...which is really not my style.
Four years later, this "acquaintance" was about to become my husband.....and this charming 1940's tear down with the rustic decor was about to become my home. Yikes! So as soon as we got married I went to work transforming his house into our home as I wanted a much more refined and sophisticated look. You can read all about the transformations HERE...
I knew right away that I wanted to remodel the kitchen. I wanted to lighten, brighten and to add a sense of sophistication to the space. Here is our kitchen before the make over...
And here is our kitchen today!!

Not only did we paint our cabinets off white, we added glass uppers for additional storage and lowered the height of the island for a more comfortable dining space.

We replaced the tiled counter tops with honed Absolute Black granite. I am glad that I selected honed rather than polished as it gives it a more casual feel…

The tile backsplash was replaced with a 1/2″ x 1/2″ White Carrara marble which is polished. You can read more about the finishes HERE...



We removed the stained shutter over the kitchen window and replaced it with a fabric shade which was a fun D.I.Y project……which you can read more about HERE...

Thanks again to Megan for including me in your Monday Makeover Series!!
XOXO,
Emily Hewett
A Well Dressed Home

4 comments:

  1. This makeover is insane -- it looks unbelievable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great transformation...I wouldn't think it was the same kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a gorgeous kitchen! I really like the way you have added the glass uppers, it completely changes the look of your cabinetry. And that beautiful wood floor sings against all the white now, as opposed to being barely noticeable before. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What’s not to enjoy with stellar home makeovers? One of best feelings is coming home to a well-dressed house. More than that, I could see why you’re fascinated with home makeovers. Is it because it’s how you and your husband met? Sweet! By the way, your renovated kitchen looks absolutely great! =) Arthur @ ContractorExpress

    ReplyDelete