home baby our home featured advertise services

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Dream Home

After envying multiple styles, and designers I thought why not put them all together and create my dream home. After all, those photos I've saved into Pinterest need some good use. They are my inspiration for future design projects and transforming my home.


Via Pinterest

In my dream world I would live in New York City amongst all the rich and famous, and fine shopping. The hustle and bustle would be too much to take in all the time though so we would need a weekend home in The Hamptons. Here lies my Hamptons dream home.


Pinterest

This is my gravel driveway that you would use to enter my estate. Do you like the Mercedes convertible I drive now? It doesn't look overly large does it? Oh wait, the trees are blocking a huge portion of the home on the right.


Pinterest

Ok, here's a much better view of my enormous getaway. I must hire someone to clean this place. I can't be cleaning on the weekends when I'm suppose to be relaxing by the pool with my family and famous friends. Barefoot Contessa even agreed to come over and throw a dinner party for us one night. We go way back!


Pinterest

Back to the entry way. This is what awaits you when you enter through my painted front door. The shell lamps remind me that we are near the beach without a beach themed home.


Pinterest
A large kitchen with industrial quality appliances is in order if dinner parties are occurring. A cook needs a fabulous kitchen to create masterpieces. White and gray marble paired with white cabinetry makes it airy and fresh. I picked the lemons from the tree in my backyard.

Lonny Mag
Our family tends to spend most of our time outdoors, but we often sit in our living room for family game night or to catch up on our reality shows. I love my yellow coffee table. Surprisingly, my orchid is still alive!

Pinterest
The tv can be quite distracting in the living area, so when we are in the mood for a good book we curl up in the library. I added pops of pink and ceiling to floor green drapes to add impact.



This is the hall outside of one of the guest rooms. I wanted an over sized piece of artwork to play with scale and add color.

Lonny Mag
This is one of several rooms for guest to retreat to. It's a soft palette with feminine accents and touches of gold. I left several magazines and decor books for their reading pleasure.

Here are the other 2 guest rooms:



Lonny Mag
The children seem to migrate to the room above because they get their own personal bed to slumber in. That was my reasoning behind the 2 twin beds. Also, I'm not a fan of bunk beds.


Pinterest
This guest bath has a double vanity for him/her. I chose a claw foot tub and plum accents. I kept with the light cabinets and classic gold hardware.  Fresh hydrnageas from the garden give off a sweet aroma.

Pinterest
This bathroom has a more masculine feel. The walls are covered in a striped paper and the floors boast a patterned tile which is easy to clean with kids and dogs. As a matter of fact, Lily gets bathed in this shower.


Lonny Mag
Baby A's nursery is so simple, but elegant. She stands in her crib and looks at herself in the mirror. Don't worry, it's mounted very well and won't fall! That's her favorite riding toy next to her crib too. She loves to honk the horn.

Decor Pad
Our master retreat is very spacious and includes a sitting area. My favorite part is the capiz shell chandelier. There's also a lot of natural light and a view of the garden.


I carried the aqua tones into the bathroom along with an ornate gold mirror and chandelier. Hubby tends to junk it up by piling his clothes on my vintage Louis chair. Men!


Pinterest
My clothes on the other hand stay nice and tidy in my crisp, white closet. My newest Louis is resting comfortably on top of my cashmere scarf. The winters here are chilly!


Pinterest
This is our back porch where you can find us watching the sunset and enjoying a glass of wine with our pals such as Gwyneth, Nate, or Oprah. They are regulars at our home.

I'm glad you stopped by to see the tour of our modest weekend abode. If you are in the area look us up.

6 comments:

  1. That would be a VERY dreamy home! You have me drooling just looking at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe...I love your pals Gwenyth, Nate, Oprah...and you would definitely fit right in with a home like this, yowza! I think my absolute favorite thing? The bathroom with the graphic flooring. I'm a simple girl.(c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! I love this! Hubs and I both love wood shingled homes... that kitchen, closet, outdoor space... heck every room is simply gorgeous! It is fun to dream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dream home you have in mind is simply amazing. I can't even find the words to describe it. It's also amazing how you described what it would look like both inside and outside. And I bet the view from your roof will look beautiful.

    Richard Boles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dream home, huh? It looks really great! I wouldn't mind living out my retirement in a house like that. The way you described your dream home sounds really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are indeed magnificent homes. It would be a privilege just to step foot in one. I like the second picture, it looks very simple yet luxurious, and it has a country feel to it. If you have the chance to own something like this, I'd say take it.

    ReplyDelete